Photo by Paul Seawright
- The short essay Try It, You Might Just Like It argues for traveling by foot in a city where walking isn’t so common anymore.
- What does your tax filing system say about you? Luckily, I had a friend do mine a few weeks ago. I bought her a meal in exchange!
- Maria Popova of Brainpickings gives fair warning: “Hold jaw securely in place before watching.” Eric Whitacre’s Virtual Choir is composed of over 2,052 performances of “Sleep” from 1,752 singers in 58 countries, all uploaded to Youtube over the past several months.
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s Tribeca apartment. What I’d give to have a plush sofa swing like hers. I’d never leave.
- There’s now a smartphone app to help remember your sins before going to Confession. Its developers tote it as “the perfect aid for every penitent,” but it’s been denounced by the Vatican.