(Bob O’ Connor)
A paper pinhole camera that works: this rendition of the Leica M3 takes 35mm film, and looks much like the original!
In response to the international controversy surrounding Ai Weiwei, this authors begs the question – should museums be political?
“Compliments from others on your looks only reflect what the [...]
Hey hey! Last week, I wrote an article for Susie B. Mag. Check it out: “Type A’ Weighs in: For the Love of Filofax”
Geneva of A Pair & A Spare shares tips on how to pack for a trip. I wish I’d read this before I left my [...]
It’s Friday! I’m so excited for the weekend. Zeolite‘s coming for a few days, it looks like the weather might finally clear up, and tomorrow evening is the Amy Stein lecture I’ve been looking forward to. Yes!
Take a look inside the home of Opening Ceremony buyer Kate Foley.
Hands down [...]
On “the hazards of manhood“: how our culture’s notions of masculinity and invincibility are weakening men’s health.
8 Things They Don’t Tell You About Being a Graphic Designer.
You deserve good things. (via Nubby Twiglet)
Method & Craft interviews the talented and hilarious designer & typographer extraordinaire, Jessica [...]
Designers & Books: From Isaac Mizrahi to Stefan Sagmeister, what do your favorite designers read?
via apartment therapy
The 99% posted a conversation with Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan, founder of Apartment Therapy, the envy-inducing and inspiring home design site.
Last week, Gala Darling wrote [...]
Photo by Paul Seawright
- The short essay Try It, You Might Just Like It argues for traveling by foot in a city where walking isn’t so common anymore.
- The wildly insightful literary magazine Full Stop curates this week’s best online fiction.
- What does your tax filing system say about [...]
I’ve been advised time and time again not to judge a book by its cover. But it’s so hard not to be seduced by a well designed book. Or a stack of them, for that matter.
one. two. three. four. five. six.
One of my all-time books [...]
- A pink dolphin was discovered in a Louisiana lake! Mystical creatures do exist after all. (Actually, it’s albino, but who knew albino animals could be pink?!)
- Have a limited stock of food supplies in your kitchen? And no idea what to make yourself for dinner? Not Beans Again lets you fill out [...]
– Correction: Someone designed new covers for the Harry Potter books so that they resemble the Penguin literary classics. Huge upgrade, in my opinion! (via Phillyist)
- In lieu of Facebook’s recent change of its terms of service, brief rundown comparing the TOS of some of the most popular online social networking websites.
An old but interesting editorial from GOOD about the relationship between handwriting and identity, and how it’s shifting with the increasing use of type. & I just realized that the article’s writer teaches at my school! A beautiful February calendar desktop for from Definatalie. One woman decided not to buy any clothes in the [...]